The EnergyMakers Show featured Marcus Gay, Director, Water Information and Insight of IHS, and Laura Capper, Founder and President of CAP Resources. IHS was the 2014 publisher of CAP Resources’ annual assessment of U.S. Water Management Markets, Trends, and Drivers.
Marcus and Laura discuss the challenges and solutions to supply the growing water demand in oil and gas.
Key takeaways from the discussion:
- Naturally occurring components contribute to Produced Water chemical composition
- Treatment of water within oil and gas applications is an order of magnitude more complex than that of municipal water, as influents can vary dramatically from minute to minute, and truckload to truckload.
- 35 billion cubic meters of water are being used for energy consumption, and expected to grow expected to grow to 135 billion cubic meters of water within the next 20 years.
- The rapid development of water treatment resources had make the process much more mobile and capable, reducing the varying costs in supply chain and management.
- Service companies are developing fluid chemistry enabling them to use different qualities of water.
EnergyMakers Advisor Group’s offers extensive expertise to assure safe operation of underground injection programs, including regional and site-specific disposal well risk assessment on maintenance and local operational factors, formation health and pressurization trends, under-and-over-pressured zones, etc. to ensure safe and effective water treatment.