Laura Capper of EnergyMakers Advisory Group will share findings of her firm’s report on Disposal Well Pressurization and Operational Risk Management in Upstream Oil and Gas with the San Antonio chapter of the Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists (SIPES).
Her talk, entitled “The Formation Pressure Problem (and its Impact on the Permian and Beyond),” will cover a range of formation pressure-related topics for Class II water disposal wells, including:
• The root causes of seismic activity
• The “top ten” contributing factors for seismicity to occur from underground water disposal programs
• Regional trends on Class II disposal wells pressuring up and losing capacity
• Implications for drilling through overpressured formations
• The profound cost and risk implications for the industry as a result of disposal formation pressurization in the most active US oil and gas basins.
The monthly meeting will be held at the San Antonio Petroleum Club on Thursday, October 18, 2018. Lunch starts at 11:30 am. If you are interested in attending or becoming a member of SIPES, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
And to learn more about formation pressure trends and EnergyMakers’ new Data-on-Demand Service, contact us at email@example.com.